Sunday 17 August 2014

SWATCHES & REVIEW : My Lipstick Collection [M.A.C.]

Sawasdee ka~
You can’t say you are a lipstick lover if you don’t own any lipstick from MAC. I guess all lipstick lovers must own at least one MAC lipstick. So my second post of this series will be swatches from MAC.

I remember bought my first ever MAC lipstick about 4 years ago and since then I keep going back there for lipstick. It’s a shame that MAC keeps increasing their price all the time and sale assistant is one of the problems too I’m pretty sure most people experience lack of attention from sale assistant before so I will not talk in detail about it (feel free to share your experience though).  So most of the time, I will go the counter to get some swatches and order them online.

Right stop complaining for now. I will start with mini review here then. Like I mention before about the price, one lipstick will cost from £15.50 to £20 so they are more of a mid-highend price. There are many choice of finishes and colours. I’m sure you will never get bored of swatching them. I actually quite like the packaging, black study little bullet-like with a flat bottom and rounded head. If you keep lipstick upside down like me you might struggle a little bit but that is not the end of the world.

I’m currently own 14 MAC lipsticks. I got 2 of the same colour so there will be only 13 swatches in this post (I will talk about liquid lipstick and lip liner in a separate post). So let’s talk about each lipstick finishes first. Matte yes it’s matte finish but not too drying or cling on your lips  and it has excellent stay power. Retro Matte is pretty similar to matte but the formula is bit more drying on the lips. Satin is my favourite finish this one also similar to matte but with a bit of sheen added to the formula. Amplified is another version of satin with a bit more sheen in it. Cremesheen just like the name it’s creamy finish, the stay power is not so great it would last about a couple of hours. Frost my least favourite formula it’s very shimmery and it doesn’t go well with my lips. Glaze the sheerest MAC lipstick formula that give natural finish while looking glossy. Sheen Suprememe is kind of lipstick/lipgloss hybrid and very moisturising I found that it’s pretty hard to apply straight to the lips as it’s very creamy so lip brush might be needed. Mineralize rich this formula comprised of many different minerals very rich and creamy I think it’s creamier than cremesheen but not as creamy as sheen supreme.
* Limited Edition
My favourite of all the shades I own would be Viva Glam Nikki I love it that much so I bought 2 when it's still available

Which one is you favourite? Any recommendation which colour I should get?
Mwahhh

xx

15 comments:

  1. I love color Vegas Vat <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection!! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegas Vat is my favourite! ;D Thanks for sharing your lovely, impressive collection.

    xx
    isa | My Blog: Stoer & Sexy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Impassioned and I love it!! I'd love to get Vegas Volt next :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEah Vegas volt is a lovely coral colour. You should try it out :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I loved applying lipsticks so that I can buy loads of shades! Shall we contact each other via "email" Or you can drop me yours, and I will reply back that way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!! I follow you now!!! :-D i love Mac!! I like Vegas volt and costa chic <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love MAC and this post!
    -Kat
    http://www.katwalksf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collection is so big! I love MAC <3
    I follow you on GFC follow my blog back :)

    -Gaia
    http://sparklerage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 14 Mac's! Incredible collection! Think Vegas volt and impassioned are my favourites here
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright "Impassioned (Amplified)"! Such a cute post! I added you on Bloglovin & Instagram :)

    xoxo,

    Chelsea
    http://www.chowdownbythebay.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6216011
    Twitter: @chowdownusa
    Instagram: @giants18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that colour too so bright so pink and really nice :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful colors!

    -Gaia
    http://sparklerage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment, I'm really appreciate. I hope you enjoy my blog and feel free to leave your blog link I'm sure I will check it out :) xx