Sunday 31 August 2014

SWATCHES & REVIEW : My Lipstick Collection [Drugstore UK vs Japan]


From left to right : Lavshuca "PK-3", Lavshuca "PK-1", Lavshuca "BE-1", Sleek "Cherry", Sleek "Baby doll", Sleek "Dare", Seventeen "Saintly", Mememe "Berry crush", Canmake "01"(copper tube), Canmake "01" (Golden tube), Beauty UK "Vampire", Jack Wills "Hot pink", Jack Wills "Coral" and Jack Wills "Red"
From left to right : Lavshuca "PK-3", Lavshuca "PK-1", Lavshuca "BE-1", Sleek "Cherry", Sleek "Baby doll", Sleek "Dare", Seventeen "Saintly", Mememe "Berry crush", Canmake "01"(copper tube), Canmake "01" (Golden tube), Beauty UK "Vampire", Jack Wills "Hot pink", Jack Wills "Coral" and Jack Wills "Red"
Sawasdee ka~

The forth post on my lipstick collection series will be a mixture of drugstore brands from UK and Japan. As you may know I have already reviewed few lipsticks before so I will not repeat it again. You can find out  the reviews for Bourjois rouge edition velvet matte lipstick here, L'oreal color riche collection privee here and Lookme the lipstick here. Although you won't see these 3 brands review on here but I've put the swatches in this post.

First of all let's start with Japanese drugstore. I went to Japan earlier this year and also around  October last year. No doubt, Japanese skin care and cosmetic products are some of the best in the world that provide excellent quality and value for money. Rows and rows of make up I was pretty enjoy wandering around drugstore. Most lipsticks have sheen finish (sometime with a high glittery gloss) and they are very moisturising. Apart from great formula, I found the colour ranges can be quite limited. While most of the time I tend to go for bold matte lipstick, most drugstore brands in Japan are filled with pale pinks, nudes, and pale peaches. Well, but this doesn't mean I don't like nude shade. I'm currently own 9 Japanese drugstore lipsticks from 3 different brands. First is Lavshuca, a very popular brand that I heard a lot of people talk about. Their lipsticks are sheer but buildable for full coverage. While PK-3 provide more pigmented, PK-1 and BE-2 are a little bit glossier with micro glitter that you can hardly notice when you apply on the lips.  

Canmake on the other hand has creamier finish but still moisturising. I love the plain metal gold packaging that some how make me feel very luxe. Although it is a bit hard wearing 01 melty nude (copper tube) on it own because it's too white but I found that mixing with other bold colour will give a new beautiful milky colour on the lips. 01 creamy touch (Golden tube) is another good nude lipstick colour that I like because it gives a neutral natural look. I talked about Lookme the lipstick few month ago you can read a full review here.
 Next, it's time for UK drugstore. We are all know pretty well that they are lots of brands out there that have a good quality make up product that sometimes as good as high-end with a smaller price. I own total 18 lipsticks from UK drugstore. I shall start with Beauty UK, I've never spotted this brand before until I watch one of Lisa Eldridge youtube videos she used this Vampire shade on one of her make up tutorials and I instantly want to try it. Some times cheap packaging can't tell that there is a good quality product inside. I'm pretty surprise how pigmented this lip is. It's really bold true red with a minty flavour and it's only cost £3.49 per lipstick! Such a bargain! 

Next, my fave brand Sleek I can say that their lipsticks are as good as MAC. I secretly wish that they will have more colour choice. There are 2 different finishes, sheen and matte. For bright shade with sheen finish I would recommend using lip brush to apply or use lipliner underneath to avoid mess. Overall they are really pigmented, glide on really well and smooth.  

Me me me remind me of amplified finish from MAC the finish is exactly the same with a nice fragrance smell and the staying power is great too. I got one in shade "Berry Crush" a beautiful shimmery berry colour with blue undertone. Although I'm not a fan of shimmery lipstick but I like this one

Do you know that Jack Will used to do a small make up line. I got these 3 cute little lipstick from a gift set. To be honest I bought it because I love the packaging and it was on sale after Christmas few years ago. I just realise that I have these lipsticks in my collection when I start this series. The reason I don't really use it because the plastic lid goes a bit wonky and cracked :/ For the formula I would say it's almost matte a bit on the patchy side and can tend to highlight drier areas. Well we don't really expect a brand known for making hoodies to be equally good at make-up right? 

Lastly my most least favourite lipstick from Seventeen in shade Saintly I don't like how it looks and feel on my lips and it seems to emphasise dry patch and crease so I only wear it only 3 times after I purchase it :(

You can find a full review for Bourjois rough edition and L'oreal colour riche privee here and here.

Which one is you favourite? Any recommendation which colour I should get?
Stay tuned for my high-end lipstick collection. I'll post it next Sunday
Mwahhh
xx


25 comments:

  1. Wow that Jack Wills red is so bright! Iv never bought any of their make up
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherry colours...So romantic :D

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend girl
    xx
    isa | My Blog: Stoer & Sexy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Amazing collection of lipsticks! I live in Argentina and we don't get many of those labels :( but I'm still a fan of lipsticks!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog, dear! Please feel free to come back any time :)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure some of it sell online too. If you like it you can check their website :)

      Delete
  4. This is such an awesome post! I am so in love with lipstick. I have to say, the Jack Wills 'red' is my favourite of the lot. I love bold colours.

    P.s. I'd love to follow each other, thanks for asking. I am now following you via GFC and Bloglovin'

    Wardrobe Quarry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Jack wills doesn't sell lipstick anymore in store anymore, or maybe they will bring it out again before Christmas? :/

      And thanks for following :)

      Delete
  5. Such a fabulous collection. I love lipstick!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really sounds amazing but I'd like to know whether the Japanese drugstore lipstick are cruelty free. For me cosmetics which had been tested in animals are a no go. I love the formula and the colors are great so it would be a pity if they hadn't test on animals.

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Lavshuca (Kenebo) and Canmake are cruel-free but I’m not really sure about other brands :/

      Delete
  7. Great review!

    xxSera
    http://StardustBohemian.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic post! I love that you showed the packaging, swatched them, AND showed them on your lips! So thorough! All beauty posts should be like this!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much you have made me day ^__^

      Delete
  9. IN LOVE WITH ALL THOSE COLORS!

    NOW FOLLOWING YOU!
    X’S & O’S FROM MY HOME TO YOURS,
    ALICIA
    Femme Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah, that is quite the collection you have. and here i am, with my Burts Bees

    http://www.cosamimetto.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's decent though at least you won't have chapped lips :)

      Delete
  11. Wow you have quite a collection! This must have taken you ages to put together, what a great effort put into your blog and its followers! I also love the images and collage.
    I have heard wonderful things about the quality and price of Japanese cosmetics but I never know what brands to start with so thank you for sharing these!

    Would you like to follow each othrr? Let me know :)

    www.pookybanana.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic pictures, love it <3
    I follow you via GFC, hope you can follow me back ! xoxo

    NEW POST
    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/2014/09/its-paris-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the jack wills shades!! so vibrant!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG thats a super duper collection. I can easily see myself wearingg most of the color.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comment! Followed you now and hope you do me the same!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely post dear! just followed you on bloglovin, hope you follow back!
    keep in touch :)
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment, I'm really appreciate. I hope you enjoy my blog and feel free to leave your blog link I'm sure I will check it out :) xx