Sunday 24 August 2014

SWATCHES & REVIEW : My Lipstick Collection [ILLAMASQUA]

Sawasdee ka~
It's time for British make-up brand. I’ve been collecting Illamasqua lipstick for about 3 years now. The first ever lipstick I bought from Illamasqua is Plunge. And since then I keep going back to the shop every now and then. If you can remember, about the beginning of this year I did swatches and review on Illamasqua perfect pout gift set that I received on Christmas. It’s also one the most popular post on my blog. If you’ve missed that post you can find it here.
 

Illamasqua lipstick is more of a high-end price. Each lipstick cost £18.50 and seems like the price will keep increasing each year :/ In term of packaging, I really like a black shiny square tube that really sleek and easy for storage.
 

I’m currently own 12 Illamasqua lipsticks half of them are from the gift set I mention above. In this post I also include 3 new Glamour Nude lipsticks range that just release on 10th of July this year. Let’s start with my thought about lipstick. All of core collection lipsticks are matte finish which is really high-pigmented, long lasting. I found that the matte finish is quite drying compare with the other brands and the dryness also vary from colour to colour. Plunge is actually the most drying one and I can hardly wear it without lip liner or lip balm underneath. To mention, before you apply its lipstick make sure that your lips are smooth. Although all lipsticks contain vitamin E but lip balm might be essential for  some of you who have chapped lip. Some time I also apply a lipgloss on top to make my lips look more moisturised and dewy.


The first three lipsticks (Rosepout, Starker and Cherub) are all part of recent Glamour nude collection. All three are incredibly pigmented and vibrant colours with a satin finish that's said to be new to the brand. They glide on so smoothly and still really pigmented on the lips. I'm pretty impress with this collection and thinking about buy more (maybe all 7 shades) lol.

I also want to mention about Magnetism from Generation Q collection which is now part of core collection too. The special thing about this lipstick is the finish isn't matte but it's more of creamsheen finish. A bit more sheen than Glamour collection but still as pigmented. I can say this is my favourite both in colour and finish.
Oh almost forgot "Isis" is limited edition shade that isn't sell separately you can only get it with the perfect pout gift set. And "Perilous" is the colour that you can't get hold of it anymore :(


Which one is you favourite? Any recommendation which colour I should get?
Mwahhh

xx

18 comments:

  1. That's a lot of lipsticks. I love the Cherib and Magnetism shades.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scandal colour
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collection!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post and nice Blog! Would you like to follow each other? If yes, follow me i follow back as soons as possible !

    Keep in Touch xx rabea <3
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection! I love the look of Cherub, Scandal, Perilous and Magnetism. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah so many different colours! Love how bright they all are~

    LIVE . IN . LOVE

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look so amazing. Beautiful variety of shades!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dangg. These are superior. The color payoff is ridiculous. Plunge is amazing. I need it in my life. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice colour just a bit careful if you have dry lips :)

      Delete
  9. wow so many pretty colours!! my favourite is cherub :)

    http://carolinapinglo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great review!
    I really like your blog :)

    Come and visit my blog if you want!
    Big kiss from Mexico city.
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will check you blog out soon :)

      Delete
  11. cherub, scandal and resist are my favorites, the packaging is so sleek and stunning too!

    That Fashion Victim / Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment, I'm really appreciate. I hope you enjoy my blog and feel free to leave your blog link I'm sure I will check it out :) xx